Do you want to use cPanel for managing your Linux server but you don’t know how you should install it? Then you can use this tutorial as a guide to install cPanel and WHM (WebHost Manager) 11.40 on your Linux dedicated server.We should remind you that there are several ways to install cPanel so this tutorial should only be seen as an example.
What you need to know before getting started with cPanel:
Before starting the installation process, you need to make sure that your Linux dedicated server meets all the requirements as specified on cPanel’s website. Here are a few requirements stated on cPanel’s site.1. You have to purchase a cPanel license to authorize your IP.
2. You need to have a fully qualified hostname.
3. You can only use cPanel for publicly visible, static IP addresses so you cannot license dynamic, sticky or internal IPs.
4. You have to make sure that you are installing the software on a clean server. Your installation will fail if you already have other applications installed on the server.
5. Take into account that you can’t uninstall cPanel. If you want to remove the software then you should reformat the server.
6. It can take approximately 6 hours to complete the setup.
7. cPanel supports CentOS versions 5.x and 6.x., Ret Hat Enterprise Linux versions 5.x and 6.x and cloud Linux 5.x .
What are the following steps that you should take?Now here is the process:
1. Log in to your Linux server by opening your SSH
2. Use your admin or root credentials to log in to your server
3. Yum users should run the perl script by following this command:
Yum install perl4. Up2date users should run the following command:
up2date –i perl
Take into account that you must have installed Perl on your server before you can run the installation script for cPanel & WHM. You can install Perl using yum or up2date. Once you are running Perl make sure that your connection is not interrupted due to this the installation could fail. To prevent this you may have change the power save settings on your server.
To install cPanel & WHM, run these commands:1. cd /home, note that the current directory has changed to home
2. Fetch the latest version of cPanel from the url belowwget -N http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest-dnsonly3.To execute the installation files type
sh latest -dnsonly
To install cPanel DNSONLY, run these commands:1. cd /home, note that the current directory has changed to home
2. Click here to Fetch the latest version of cPanel
3. To execute the installation files type:
sh latest -dnsonly
To access the WHM interface:1. Enter https://$IP:2087 into your preferred web browser.
– $IP represents your server’s IP address.
2. Enter root into the Name field.
3. Enter your root password into the Password field.
4. Click Log In.
We are finished with all the steps so cPanel and WHM are now installed! If all went well, you should now be able to log in to cPanel/WHM.