Let’s Encrypt, is the latest certificate authority, which enables you to install a very fundamental and free SSL Certificate recognized by all major browsers like the Akamai, Mozilla, the EFF, CISCO and etc. Besides supporting multiple domains and sub-domains, the initiative provides a secured & automated certificate so that every single website can be guarded with an SSL certificate without having to purchase a new one.
Assuming you already have an account and logged into DirectAdmin, the demo article leads you to install “Let’s Encrypt SSL” steps:-
- First Log In.
- Now Scroll Down.
- Click the “SSL Certificates” link from Advanced Features.
- If you are unable to observe the SSL Certificate link in your DirectAdmin environment, then you ought to do the following:
- Log in to your Customer Panel.
- Click on “Your Webhosting Packages” or “Your reseller hosting packages” on your left.
- Now click Overview.
- Click on the magnifying glass since you wish to enable SSL management.
- Afterward, from there you are can enable the SSL management.
- You have to keep in mind that you are allowed to enable an SSL certificate into an account that is using a dedicated IP address.
If it does not have a dedicated IP address, the page will return you an error.
- In order to create an SSL certificate, you need to create a certificate request.
- Then you have click “Free and automatic certificate from Let’s Encrypt” option.
- Now put in your Email address and all other necessary details.
- Select the option Key Size (bits). Input 2048 or 4096.
- Select the option Certificate Type. Input SHA256.
- After you have finished the task, click on “Save” which will appear at the bottom of the screen. The certificate will have applied and installed.
- Return to the home screen of DirectAdmin.
- Click on “Domain administration or Domain setup”.
- Now click Your Domain Name.
- Now go and make sure to select “Secure SSL” and afterward “Save”.
- You may now consider to select “Use a symbolic link from private_html to public_html -allow same data in http and https” if you wish to carry on using files from the website of the public_html folder.
- Select “Save”.
- Remember: It will eliminate the folder /domains/xyz.com/private_html and produce a symbolic link from private_html to public_html in order to share folder.
- Now the system will ask you if you want to agree to delete the private_html directory.
- Click “OK” to finish.
You will be notified of the changes you have made. And after 4 to 5 minutes later, you will be able to access your website via https protocol efficiently.
The certificate is set up and installed. Now you can propel an Https connection for your visitors.
30 days prior to your Let’s Encrypt Certificate getting expired, DirectAdmin will automatically renew it, and even if it fails doing so, you’ll be notified by an error message.