This article will help you install your own operating system on your server with us. Please note: The virtual media feature of IPMI, which you will need for this installation, only works on Windows operation systems.
You will need:
– A webbrowser, preferably Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or Opera. – The latest java version available at java.com – The ISO of the operation system you want to install
1) Login to your My.snel.com Panel, click KVM and copy the login details.
2) Click on the KVM link and enter the details you copied earlier.
3) Go to ‘Remote Control’, click ‘Console Redirection’ and launch the Console.
4) Accept the various java security prompts.
5) Click ‘Virtual Media’ (inside the java console!) and mount your ISO as ‘CD/DVD’.
6) Reboot your server by rebooting it through your My.snel.com Panel.
7) Enter the BIOS (hit delete when booting) and go to ‘Boot’.
8) Use the – and + keys to make sure the USB attached drive is first in the list.
9) Save the BIOS settings and exit BIOS.
10) The server will automatically boot from your ISO and you can install.