Learn how to create a database in Plesk
In this article, we’re going to explain how you can create a database in Plesk. A database is a collection of data, accessible from a computer.
Step 1: Log into Plesk
Go to your client area and log in with your credentials.
My Dashboard and click on
Webhosting. Click on the right Web hosting plan.
Login Details to see your login credentials.
Click on the URL to log in.
Step 2: Create a database
Databases on the left side panel, and click
- Database name: the name you want to give your database.
- Related sites: you can choose if you want to add a website to the database.
- Database user name: the username you’ll log in with.
- Password: the password you’ll log in with.
- User has access to all databases within the selected subscription: if you check this checkbox, this user will be able to log into other databases within the same subscription.
- Allow local connections only: only the local connections will be able to log in.
- Allow remote connections from any host: you’ll be able to log in from any host, with a remote connection.
- Allow remote connections from: allow remote connections from specific IP addresses or local hosts.
When everything is filled in, click
OK to continue.
If the database is successfully created, you will see a green bar at the top
Congratulations, you have successfully created a database in Plesk.