What is iDRAC Enterprise?
iDRAC is an embedded device in all Dell PowerEdge servers that helps system administrators to manage, monitor and update Dell dedicated servers. iDRAC is designed to make server administration easier and more productive. It helps perform remote server management and it feels like you are physically in front of your server.
iDRAC has several versions and below we will highlight the key features of iDRAC 7 Enterprise.
IDRAC 7 Enterprise allows you to:
- View the health of your server
- View memory information
- View and export system inventory
- Monitor CPU state, processor automatic throttling, and predictive failure
- View sensor information such as temperature, voltage, and intrusion
- Monitor and control power usage
- Support for SNMPv3 gets
Launch console iDRAC 7 Enterprise
You can launch the virtual console via your client area. Before you start, make sure that you have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed via www.java.com. If you have finished the installation or if you already have Java installed follow the steps below:
- Login to your client area and click to services > server > KVM Management
- Click to Visit KVM Page
- Enter your credentials, which can be found in the KVM Management page
4. You will now see the main screen. Click “Launch” button in Virtual Console Preview page which launches Virtual Console.
5. Either Java Web Start will start the console immediately or you will be asked to save the file. Make sure you save the file and run it afterwards. When you see the Security Warning below, click Continue to proceed:
6. You will see a second warning screen, make sure that you have selected the radio button:
“Do not show this again for this app from the publisher above” and then click the Run button.
7. After you have completed the previous you will see a last warning screen regarding the certificate make sure you click the Run button.
8. That’s all! You have completed all steps and your console is now visible.